- Rafael Buhigas Jiménez (UCM, UAM y ERIAC)
- Lidia Merás (UAM)
This monograph aims to encourage reflection on audiovisual media – documentaries or fiction films, television and online formats – which, from a Critical Romani Studies perspective, address the representation of Roma in Latin America and the Iberian Peninsula. With this purpose, we are launching a CfA in which we would be interested in receiving proposals on the following topics:
• Decolonize the theory and historiography of audiovisuals.
• Roma self-representation in film and other media.
• Racial politics of the cast.
• The work of the Roma in protecting their film heritage.
• Hate speeches and Roma activism on networks.
• Feminism, LGTBI+ discourses, class and other modes of intersectionality in audiovisuals.
• Comparative studies of the representation of the Calós, with the Sinti-Manouches, the Roms and the Doms (without prejudice to other denominations).
• Appropriation/expropriation (Buhigas) of the Roma image and iconography.